If your programmer will have good technical skill then he can make your website very good. If your programmer will have knowledge of your business domain then definitely he can add few things which can add value to your business.
Source to Hire PHP ProgrammerIf you have understanding about importance of PHP programmer in your business and their category then the next thing is the source from where you can hire PHP programmer.
There are various sources available to hire PHP programmer/Developer. Following are some important source to hire PHP programmer.
1) From your local place: If you know any PHP Developer or got reference from somebody.
2) From Freelancing web portals: For example Freelance.com, odesk.com etc.
3) From Web development Company: You can also go for specific web development company to hire PHP Developer.
Process to Hire PHP DeveloperIf you have decided your source and model of hiring them by following way you can finalize.
1. Always evaluate some of the past work done by your programmer/web development company. Do not evaluate the work on the basis of design or feature. Always evaluate on the basis of the success of the website in business. Means if they have a successful business client then definitely they know the real trick on performance and production challenges occur in the website.
2. Take some reference contact from company/programmer and call them to evaluate about behavior and quality of work.
3. If you are going to hire a programmer on dedicated model then first hire a third person(with good PHP skill) to evaluate your programmer's technical skill.
4. If you are contracting your project on fixed cost then always write everything in your project requirement document clearly. Because counterparty always estimate on the basis of your project requirement.
Model of Hiring PHP Programmer for your Project
From any of the above source you can hire PHP programmer/Developer in following engagement model:
1. Fixed Cost/ Project work Basis
2. Dedicated Model
1) Fixed Cost / Project Work Basis: You can hire PHP Developer on the basis of your work. In this model you need to give the business requirement and you get a fixed quote for your work. If you are hiring programmer then always write everything in your requirement document. Be clear about your requirement and understand what your programmer is assuming. This model is only useful if your concept about your work is crystal clear.
2) Dedicated Model: You can also hire a programmer on dedicated model. In this model you get charged for the number of hour spent by developer on your project. This model is useful if you are not certain about your project requirement. Also in case of regular maintenance of your running website you can hire PHP programmer in this model.